It’s a new month and I think most of us are just glad we’ve made it through another cold winter. Sure there might be some more cold weather on the way but the temperature at the weather bureau is already on the way up. I’d like to say that’s the same for Lipcrack in terms of business but once again we’ve faced some similar issues once mail outs are recommended – that being they’re stopped. They were stopped by Lipcrack for some serious checks including operations of the new survey. Problem being what took about 2 days to analyse here, Yay! Our visitors are back!, turned into a month of back and forward between technical support.
Here’s a brief summary :
Prior to the mail out I decided to update the security certificate to what could be considered a more secure certificate. It was meant to be a bit of a site visitor benefit which turned into a mini nightmare. Simply put there were issues when it came to being installed and it was abandoned. Mail outs went out, data came back in and was analysed for any would be problems. The mail out let people know about the new track and the ability to participate in the survey. The was keen interest across the board and I’ve enclosed a small sample of visitor data.
Checks on the data ended up causing some small concerns that were looked into, in the meantime I went about making sure the Blog was running correctly including preparing some new app efficiencies. Now there is a record of what occurred following that (in tech support) but it actually became such a mess going through with each query leading to further queries. A restore process put in place to recapture lost data worked from the Blog end and failed via server side checks. And then by mid month security keys were missing on the server, a new certificate again being issued followed by a determination that the backup process is not backing up certificates via one of the programs that is alleged to do it. By the end of it the hosting company was actually having to follow up with the providers of the apps they have installed to determine what was going on. And for me, it was just a waste of fairly precious time following up matters that realistically should be running with no problems. I can’t comment on it any further than that for now, other than to say mail outs will continue again in a couple of days.
As a part of the whole range of processes the Blog was up and down for a few days this month, which simply put, I wasn’t too happy about. Currently the positive outcome from the whole process is as follows,
- There possibly will be an update of the Forum, a number of suitable applications have been located and tested, again this has once again been a matter of some dissatisfaction in terms of hosting and how it has operated when checked.
- Next time any work that goes on which might affect the Blog access occurs a site maintenance page has been developed to let people know that it is a brief matter.
- There is now a You Tube integration into the site. But as per many of our findings in relation to the use of apps there will be an update next month into some of the hazards when using them with Blogs.
There is good news, but this month has just had way too many hassles to add it as an afterthought to lighten the mood as to how many of these things are operating.
Enjoy listening to the new track because that’s about as good as anything gets.
PS In the meantime while writing this, Lipcrach have recently determined a new certificate was issued without our authority to do so. Obviously we’ll find out why when we get to it, but guess what, if we are continually following up with tech support no mail goes out, just way too convenient or inconvenient in terms of all matters. Other than that have a great day and look forward to a mail update soon.