April is almost over and what a month it’s been. As you might recall the decision made was to reformat the Black Dell and reinstall Windows. As it so happens, I actually managed to wipe the disc completely which was quite a task in itself because these computers are set up to reformat back to the version of Windows installed on them.
As usual there were a couple of unexpected happenings in the process and once those were recognised and resolved the final install of a newer version went well. Currently there is a computer sitting there configured to do a range of tasks that were previously performed on that machine minus a lot of clutter from the software used for the production of music. The outcome has been better than expected and I’m sure if someone walked into this room and sat down at one of the computers they’d find one of the best operating environments on PC laptops possible. (Sure there’s total Geeks out there that could possible refine it but they’d need a computer programming language behind them and it’s not necessary). But thanks for all the offers.
So What Next?
After that was completed a range of monitors were put back on the computers in terms of internet access and watching those matters. It’s way too easy for that to be manipulated. The problem that has recently occured is that the household account is being updated to the optic fibre service as I’ve been informed but didn’t go smoothly. In fact to put it simply there appears to be a number of 3rd party’s that need monitoring simply because they are the service providers. I’ve said that before.
In The Meantime.
The tracks were remastered prior to the deletion of the operating system and those were mainly removing breath takes in between song verses. It’s actually one of the main reasons songs do go through a remastering process. That all went well due to how files were saved and constructed during the creation process. That gear can be really difficult to do without changing original takes. A way to describe it, if you were to make a cake but forgot to put the icing sugar in the baking mix then tried to think of a way to do it after the cake had been baked. Not something you would do, right! Thankfully the software and processes available to manage that type of situation have been refined over a long period of time to somewhat simplify the process.
Where Does That Leave Us?
As it stands, I took a quick look at the last time mailouts were running without issues and that was Dec 2020. The records kept along the way have also made that easy to determine where things are at with that and could be started again. Some updates are necessary in terms of licenses and at this time it’s unknown how that will go as often it seems to be 3rd party intervention which prevents or slows the mail-out process. That is still to be determined. I’m not going to buy a license and then find the production of the new tracks prevents adequate time for the task. It needs to be considered and will be. Possibly a new time table will be required.
The new tracks should be recommenced May 1st if not earlier. I decided to go with Primitive Life next. It’s meant to be a fairly heavy track.
I’m optimistic about the task ahead but at the same time mindful of a couple of health issues that are being closely monitored in fact I reinstalled some software that was previously installed but “somehow” ended up non operational. The Database was corrupted and has been reset and additional information imputed as required. I’m hoping it will assist my health watch over the coming years again. Obviously I was fairly disappointed to lose over some seven years of data.
And that’s it for this months update. See you all next month stay safe and look forward to catching up with next months news.