July is almost over and I’m well aware people are waiting to hear how the month went for Lipcrack and what can I say other than a few surprises there?
First up the old computer was taken out of action completely by a renewal of a software product which is operating at the same version as it was some 10 years ago. That is despite the fact the new versions are now running on the main system computers. It was just one of those things and basically if you press the wrong button without informing you, it wipes it. And actually it shouldn’t but everything else it does makes it a worth while program to have, it’s just one of those things.
I came across a way to install it while checking out various software products (because previously it appears to have been made redundant) and I think that the manufacturers are probably surprised I was able to get it running. The new updates do not work with the old XP machine. It took a week to reformat and get running again, done in between a wider range of tasks and once again, system is back up and running at best performance. Without wanting to rock the boat, I don’t think it will be out of action again for quite a while. And it will either be a virus or a bad software product (testing) that takes it out, interesting fact, this product actually prevents a lot of that.
The result of the new computer format was a little surprising. I’m sure people are very aware how difficult it can be to erase all data from electronic devices. I actually used a different product this time and as per was communicated to me it does numerous level wipes. The outcome of it, believe it or not, a range of products I used on it previously were rendered useless. Possibly its due to the re-upgrade to Vista, as per the computer responses that was the information relayed, however they were also incompatible with newer versions of Windows (and worked last time Vista was installed). Good news they were so beyond their use by date in terms of fit for purpose it was almost a relief. Following that a quick market analysis was done and a range of matters came to light. As a result a new product which fits current web page coding formats was located and when a spare moment is found will be learnt. Basically the new product picks up from when the old product finished off and will be very useful in bringing the next upgrade to the website in line with a range of current programming requirements.
Fact is, I have to learn it like a range of other products sitting here waiting to be used and I’m fairly happy about that because they really fit my interest range and it’s a task I’m looking forward to once the EP is completed.
SO…. what of the E.P.?
I’m pleased to be informing people that the Primitive Life track was finished and the final mix produced on the 22nd of July. Yes it is running a little late according to plans and I think that might continue throughout the whole EP production but all attempts will be made to stick as close as possible to plans without compromising quality. Basically if it takes a little longer, it’s better than not having a final product that people enjoy. I’m sure I say that every time an EP runs late, but I mean it. Also the track will be checked for compatibility with a drum session once the EP is complete.
The completed track runs at 3:19 and you can catch another small update of the track here:
Some Interesting Android News
People haven’t heard me talk about the Android for a while and I have to tell you it’s still one of my favorite devices for all range of tasks. The news on that though, I forgot my password after not using it and when I checked my “secret clue” for gaining access, I couldn’t. Rather than waste time I put it down for a spare moment to take a look at it again. Some two months later after the track was finished that time was available.
Now I have to tell you I tired all manner of ways to get into it including all range of alleged, get access to your Android software. None of them worked and that was the outcome of it, possibly if I kept looking I might have found something. I’d already spent a lot of time on it. Two of the software I did find allowed a wipe of the device and from memory, one of those didn’t work. Here’s the thing, I was getting down to the final tasks of wiping it despite not wanting too, took another look at the my secret code for accessing it. And I can tell you with no hesitation, in the final 2 minutes of the Androids current life, the code I put together came to me and I was able to open it. I could not believe it. So that is all back up to date and running. It’s very useful so I was really relieved because they take a while to get the right apps working on them as I’m sure many people know.
My suggestion as many know, do not lose your password for access to Androids. Currently they do not appear as easy as computers to wipe. And that’s it, look forward to seeing everyone make it through current Covid pandemic conditions and will see you all at next months update.